Hope you have a Nice time here!

16 Aug 2007

Program Anak Angkat

Program Baktisiswa (13 July -15 July 2007)

13 July 2007

I took part in a program 'Baktisiswa', where all the uni's students do something to repay back to the society. There were varieties of activities organised by all the desasiswa, but I choosed this Program Anak Angkat, because I think it's a new thing for me to experience. Hence, I took part in this activity. The place where I'm going is in Seberang Perai Selatan, a village name Kampung Sungai Bakau. There are 3 villages included Kampung Sungai Bakau which took part in this programme which were organised by Rakan Muda, where USM also took part, are Kampung Sungai Chenaam and the other one, I forgot already. So, on this particular day, we went off to our first destination, that is a hospital, to donate blood. The first thing that a donor must do is to weight and check our blood. Those who are less then 45kg, sorry, you cannot donate. Otherwise, after you have donate, you are the one who need the blood!! :) To check the blood is to make sure your blood are suits to donate, which means all those basic things in blood must have, well, i dont know what is it!! So, after all those checking has done, we went upstairs, and to donate blood. Well, it was a new experience for me. No pain at all. After the process, we were given some food. All donors must eat after donating, to put in back all those we had lost. Afterwards, we went to Kampus Kejuruteraan in Nibong Tebal for the Friday afternoon prayer. After the prayer, at about 3 pm, we only start our journey to the village. At 4pm, we finally reached the village. We gathered at the community hall, where the programme kicked off. There were some words from the organisers before we met with our adopted family. There were some families who adopted 1 child, and others adopted 2 children. My adopted family adopted 2, me and a new friend I befriended with, Nor Farhani bt Ariffin. Our adopted parents are Hj Fadzil b Ishak and Hjh Azizah bt Ahmad. They have 4 children, 3 female and the youngest is a male, 19 this year. All other daugthers have work now, 1 in KL, the other 2 work here. So, after the ceremony, we went back home. Their home are just like other normal village home, just that their's are a brick one. At night, our parents brought us ate outside. They also brought us round around the places. Actually, this village is a border to 3 negeri, Kedah, Perak & Pulau Pinang itself. During the half hour ride, we already been into 3 different negeri! After that, we went to our 2nd sister's house. We had a chat there. At about 11.30pm, we left for home.


14 July 2007

At 8am, we went to the kolam udang which is near to our house. We went there by motorcycle. Afterwards, we went to someone's house to get the prawn, before we went home to have our breakfast. Then, we went to the community hall in Kampung Sungai Bakau to take part in the Sukantara. But we were late for the Rentas Desa. So, we waited aside for other games to start. But both Farhani and I found out that it was quite a boring game, so we went off to buy filem for the camera. We went back home later to get the camera, and found out that our brother and 3rd sister are going to their aunt's dusun. So, we followed them, which means we skipped the Sukantara and Program Motivasi. It was a long journey because the dusun is near Bukit Merah. We stopped over at our aunt's house first to have some durians and rambutans. The durians were from the dusun while the rambutans were plucked at their house. Afterwards, we went to picnic in the dusun. This is the first time I do picnic in the dusun!! We spent about 2 or 3 hours there to have a picnic and to pluck langsats. After that, we went to a recretional park to play in the water. I didnt went in because I didnt like the environment!! Afetr a long day, we went back home with all those fruits. At night, went to listen to a talk, before we went to bed. A very tiresome day!!!

15 July 2007

Woke up at 8am, went to a masjid to do gotong-royong. Afterwards, went to round a fish village with other participants. Then, it's time to pack our belongings. Our mum gave us a pack of keropok pisang. At 4pm, we went back to the community hall to finish up the closing ceremony of this programme. At 6pm, we left the village.

My feeling

I think overall the whole activity gave me a new experience. This is because it's not everyday someone can take part in Program Anak Angkat. So for me, it's a new experience lah, although I really didnt felt anything very very very special!! Everything was ok for me. It's just that the food that I cannot really adapt it. Because all those food that my mum cooked were in red colour. Sambal all those thing. That's the only thing I couldnt adapt lah!! After this programme, I got sore throat, because I ate tooo much of durians the other day. And I got phobia of durians afterwards!!! Whenever I see durians, I walked 100m away from it!! ( for a short time only!!)

No comments: