Hope you have a Nice time here!

8 Oct 2010

Showdown of Champions 2010

Oh gosh! I really should have went to watch this exhibition match! Though it's only an exhibition match, seeing all those players in real will surely be very different from seeing them in news! Plus, I can watch Jay Sean's life performance! Arghh!! Very stupid of me! Even my mom asked, "Why you didn't go?" *sob sob* It's useless for me to regret by now. Duhh! What I should do next time is, whatever events that I feel I'm interested to attend, I should just go ahead and buy the ticket first.

Okey, stupid act aside. This year's champions who made it here in KL were Mat Wilander, Ivan Lendi, Pat Cash, Goran Ivanisevic, Martina Hingis and Anna Kournikova. I only know the ladies-Martina Hingis and Anna Kournikova. Sorry guys, I was too young to know about all of ya! These 2 ladies were the players that I like so much, apart from many other big names like Lindsey Davenport Jennifer Capriati, Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin and Amelia Mauresmo. Hingis was by far more successful in her tennis career, notably in singles. Kournikova's tennis career was not long enough as she suffered from injuries at the time when her career was starting to 'blossom'. But Hingis-Kournikova did team up and won quite a numbers of doubles event.

There were 3 matches during the exhibition matches. 2 singles-Goran Ivanisevic vs Pat Cash, Mats Wilander vs Ivan Lendi and 1 mix double-Mats Wilander & Anna Kournikova vs Ivan Lendi & Martina Hingis. It was an exhibition match, so they only play 2 sets to determine the winners. And because it was an exhibition match, it was very entertaining to see the funny side of the players, especially during the mixed double match, where the players had fun playing and entertaining the spectators.

Seeing the players had fun and I was entertained while watching from home, I regretted so much that I did not went there. It will be much more fun if I was there, and it will be great too to see Jay Sean perform!

No comments: