Hope you have a Nice time here!

31 Dec 2010

Flashback of year 2010

So yeah, it's literary the end of the year. From study to graduate and to work, I've entered the most important phases in a human's life in just a year's time and I shall say year 2010 is the year I fulfilled my dreams.

I started off the year 2010 with a picnic with my lovely sistahs at Batu Ferringhi, Penang. All of us had a last "pre-sem" outing for the last time as this was the last semester for most of us. After the enjoyable outing, it was back to reality: all of us were busy with final year project, classes and tutorials. But than, we still managed to find some time to have some happy hours: movies, lunches, dinners, birthdays celebration and karaokes.

I was only a student for about 4 months. Starting from May 2010, I was officially known as a free person, because I'm not a student nor an employee! During the 4 months student life, I enjoyed as much as I can as a student, but I also made some critical thinking of my future. At first, I thought of continue to do Masters. I've made discussions with lecturers and even passed up the application forms. At the end of April, my lecturer passed us a message informing us there was a job vacancy in a subtitling department. It's a job that I used to dream of after I knew that I was not able to be a crime scene investigator. So, I took the chance, and now here I am, had passed the 6 months probation period and got the confirmation letter.

Apart from getting the job that I want, I also managed to watch a world class badminton matches during the Thomas Cup final event at Bukit Jalil in May. Through the match, I was able to watch my favourites players playing in front of me. I was happy as I was able to feel the real atmosphere of an international badminton match and "meet" my favourites players, although they were far from me. =)

I had a sweet time during the trips with my sistahs from Taiping to Penang to Kedah and to Sarawak. It was the wonderful moments we shared before we leave the uni's world and I thank them for being apart of it to make our trips so sweet and memorable. My family and I also spent some time to go back to my grandparents' hometown in Hainan Island, China. During the trip there, I was able to recognize most of the relatives there and the relations between us. It was a meaningful trip as I learned things and I saw different things in a different country.

The major event in year 2010 was non other than my graduation day in August. It's an honour for me to be able to walk on Dewan Tuanku Syed Putra's stage to get my scroll from the Vice Chancellor of Universiti Sains Malaysia, Tan Sri Dato Dzulkifli Abd Razak. The graduation day itself was kindda bored, as we had to wait for some time for the speeches and other graduates to get the scroll 1st before I can get mine. And after getting mine, I need to wait for others to get theirs, before all of us can went out to get photos. Graduation day was a small scale gathering for me and my classmates, but a big scale of gathering for me and my lovely sistahhoods. It was the last outing we had as an 8 piece sistahhoods, because we will walk in different path at different place. Who knows when we will meet again in 8 piece sistahoods?

My year 2010 is fulled with joyous moments, but there were some "down" moments too. I choose to cherish the sweet moments and put the bad moments behind me. I will also remind myself of all the wrong doings I had and keep myself on track so that I wouldn't make the same mistakes again.

As for the coming year 2011, I wish to enter another different phase of my life and wish myself all the best! =)


Picnic at Batu Ferringhi...

birthday celebrations...

BATI night...

Taiping-Kedah trip...

Sarawak trip...

after the rehearsal for convocation...

one last outing with sistahs...

while visiting Hainan Island...

team building with colleagues...

pot luck...

and the day I wore the robes, sache and mortarboard!

No comments: